Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Tribute To My Parents!

Dear Mum and Dad,

I am writing this for you in conjunction with Mother’s Day on the 10th of May and Father’s Day on the 21st of June. In this essay, I want to show my appreciation and gratitude for all the things you do for me, your child.

Firstly, both of you have worked so hard for the family. You have put in a lot of effort and sacrifice in the Amway business so that you could have the freedom you have longed for to spend the time with the rest of the family. I am also thankful to both of you for building this wonderful business so that our future next time will be bright.

Dad, you are the breadwinner of this family along with Mum who also plays an important role to support this family. You have always worked tirelessly in your job as a civil engineer and also in the Amway business with Mum to provide the family with all the needs.

Mum, when I am weak in a subject, you always spend money to try to find the best tutor available. For example: Mrs J’s wonderful tuition class. Besides, you have always helped me with my homework, tasks or assignments which I have problems with. You are also a very patient mother who constantly listens to my problems and thoughts and gives me solutions and answers to the problems.

Dad, you always tell me stories and events of the past in the family and also in the world. I like the way you tell stories or give talks with so much excitement and enthusiasm. You have given me a lot of information on many things which I do not know and you and Mum are my source of inspiration to become a successful person in life.

Mum, you would also always chide me or reprimand me whenever I do something wrong or something which you don’t like. And not only that, you and dad have constantly taught me to do the right thing and also to have the right attitudes. If not for that, I will become a spoiled child.

Dad, in spite of being so busy in your work, you still find time to bring the family on outings and trips to domestic or foreign places during the school or public vacations. I thank you dad for always giving the best you can provide to the family. You and mum are also very loving, encouraging, supportive and caring parents.

Mum and Dad, thank you for all the things you have done for me. You are the best parents in the world. I love you very much, Mum and Dad. Dedicated to my father, Soon Lip and mother, Li May.

Originally written on the 21st May 2009.

No comments: